Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Now There Are Nine?

Summary of day one; Flor de Caña Rum is better than I expected but does not eliminate insomnia!

The three of us arrived 30 minutes early at Augusto C Sandino (MGA) in Managua. I expected a small airport but was surprised that this very large city of nearly two million people had a single runway with a u-turn at the end of it. The experience was not quite like that of our Mexican emergency landing several years back but wasn't the most pleasant. I was even more surprised at the broken down planes littering the side of the runway. 

The three of us had a free day to explore Managua but after a delicious lunch and several margaritas decided to relax for the day. We chose a few lounge chairs by the pool and relaxed the day away. At around 5:30, while Erin was enjoying a massage at the spa, Eddie and I decided to get showered for happy hour. Our timing was impeccable as the sky turned black and the torrential rains of the Summer rainy season rolled in.

We contemplated naps as the rest of our group was to arrive at around 1 AM but Erin insisted we power through. This didn't happen and we threw in the towel around 9 when the band took a break. With tummies full of delicious food, wine, beer, and rum, we went to bed. I just awoke at around 2 AM to find the others had arrived and went out to find some beverages. Since I missed them, and can't go back to sleep, I decided to summarize the day. I think there are now nine of us and I'm looking forward to meeting up for breakfast to start the group adventures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment