Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Two Great Weeks!

These past two weeks have been fantastic! I started with my new trainer on Friday after returning from a work trip. I was a bit apprehensive as she is relatively inexperienced compared to my last trainers but I'm giving her a shot! Despite now having dual gym memberships, being able to run to Snap instead of packing work clothes, drive out of the way to LA Fitness, and then invariable forget a belt for work, has proven to boost my motivation! The cardio is still slow, but my endurance is up to 9 miles for the last two weekend runs. This May half will be slow but doable. My new trainer told me I have the best lunge form she's seen with a new client. For that, I thank Erwyn. He'd approve of her technique as she regularly humiliates me with jumping jacks. How can I run for hours (literally) but feel like collapsing of the ground like a little baby after 120 seconds of jumping jacks? While the new gym(s) are working out just fine, I sure miss DC, especially now that Bodysmith has expanded into a new full service gym! That place was and always will be my inspiration and confidence booster.

My daughter visited two weekends ago. We had a glorious time filled with all the things we both love. We hung out with friends on Friday night, catching the tail end of the OSU basketball win then enjoyed Kevin Sweeney on piano at Club Diversity. After my morning long run, Saturday was fueled by far too many cups of delicious coffee at the annual North Market Coffee Roast. I expected a tiny taste but it seems all 16? roasters wanted us to have a huge sample. Holy caffeine buzz! Tony joined us for a day of blowing up credit cards at Express and mani/pedi fun at Avalon Nail Salon. Even though we missed the match, my Crew boys beat DC United! By the time we met Dave & Stephanie for dinner at Cap City, I was beat! We kicked off a Sunday Funday with Brian & Kevin at De Novo brunch then my baby girl headed home in the snow. Yes, we still have the white stuff. While this week's waiter experience at Cap City left me a little disappointed, DeNOVO Bistro fully delivered. Considering the food, the service, and the price point, I do not understand why the place doesn't have a line out the door. Perhaps the Columbus Commons location is not ideal but we'll certainly return!


Easter weekend turned out to be just as eventful! A little house party on Friday night came together to entertain family and friends from Fort Wayne, Rochester, DC, Chillicothe, and Rising Sun. What an eclectic group of people and what a fun party. Purple glitter go go boots are rumored to have made an appearance but the evidence has been destroyed! Saturday was chock full of shopping, mostly vintage, and a little day drinking. Two busy days of meetings with the new boss has left me a little tired but very motivated. Grandma is not doing well but we're hopeful she'll start reacting positively to the treatment. She's still battling pneumonia and lung issues after a few months in he hospital and rehab. They have her back in Canton this week. I'm scared.

Time for a nap before we land!

No comments:

Post a Comment